It is fascinating to learn how our bodies work, how prevention is so important in illness, how our lifestyles are the keys to our health and how our physical health profoundly influences all other aspects of our lives.
Our bodies are miracles and we should treat them as such. Gaining and maintaining physical health should be an obvious major priority. However, the vast majority of us take our bodies and health for granted….until something goes wrong. Then we expect our doctor to quickly and easily fix us. We daily sabotage this miracle we live in with terrible food, insufficient exercise and insufficient knowledge of how it is works.
We, individually, must take primary responsibility for our bodies and our physical health. It is fascinating to learn how our bodies work, how prevention is so important in illness, how our lifestyles are the keys to our health and how our physical health profoundly influences all other aspects of our lives. We can’t live forever but we can intelligently adopt lifestyles that will help us live as long as possible as healthy as possible.
The Physical Health Factor:
(click on the links below to read an example)
We can also explore the following:
- Live as long as possible as healthy as possible
- Who is responsible for your health?/li>
- Physical activity
- Research and media reporting
- Think like your body
- Basic anatomy
- Basic physiology
- Empty calories
- Unknown nutrients
- Portion size problems
- Spectator or participant
- Obsessions with food and exercise
- Sports (youth, life- long)
- Sedentary life style
- Standard American Diet
- Sex, fun and STD’s
- Life style analysis
- Junk food
- Fats, sugars and salt are out to get you
- Are you eating to live or living to eat?
- Food pyramids/li>
- Basic physiology
- Simple and complex carbohydrates
- Processed and “real” foods
- The power of moving our bodies
- Teach good lifestyles early
- You are a role model
- You do have the time
- What are your priorities?
- Listen to your body
- Ouch I need a pill!
- Self – medicating
- Corporations are very worried about your health
- Sometimes you have to be “selfish.”
- Not in my house
- A different kind of child abuse